We are Farmers!
- Inspects and appraises damaged property and vehicles using claims estimating software and determines claims related damage.
- Completes auto repair estimates or adjusts repair facility estimates.
- Manages repair process and adjusts auto repair supplements.
- Field CR's will be required to make critical decisions on repair vs replace in addition to total vs repair at all times. Issues payments on site when appropriate.
- Completes vehicle total loss inspections/valuations.
- Explains total loss process and settles total loss claims when appropriate.
- Obtains total loss salvage release from policyholder or claimant and completes field clearing note before assigning to Salvage department, mitigating additional salvage storage costs. Interacts/collaborates directly with policyholders, claimants, agents, repair facilities and attorneys to set appointments, explain damages and the repair process, and set expectations.
- Effectively collaborates with claim owners for customer interaction and resolution strategy.
- Appropriate communication with all entities associated with the claim and the repair must be established and maintained at all times to ensure parts are available and ordered on time to keep repair on schedule.
- Confirms, explains, and applies coverage, assists with rental management, determines and reports on subrogation potential, fraud ind icators, negotiates and issues claim payments.
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced adjusters, and demonstrates leadership skills in the workplace.
- Performs applicable administrative tasks (timekeeping, expense reports, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or an automotive related Associate of Applied Science degree from an accredited technical college, or the experience described below.
- Outside insurance education, e.g., CPCU or GCA is preferred.
- Active NY Appraisers License is preferred.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Proficient in-person interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- 12 months of previous APD estimating experience required or consistent demonstration of technical proficiency.
- Intermediate knowledge of body and mechanical repair/replace operations. Proficient conflict resolution skills
- Proficient critical thinking skills
- Actively pursuing I-CAR Pro designation and other technical education
Job Posting: 11/04/2019
Other Locations: United States, New York, New York