Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Farmers Group, Inc. seeks a Network Subject Matter Expert (SME) III to provide expertise in the design, development, and functionality support of the Enterprise Network and all of its integrations. The Network SME will be responsible for reviewing and validating technical designs provided by suppliers; performing quality review checks on project deliverables; validating supplier estimates; performing supplier change request reviews and approvals; estimating Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) for other projects that impact the network; supporting all implementation activities; and mentoring lower level colleagues.
Specific responsibilities include:
- manage and report on service level agreements (SLAs) per supplier contracts;
- provide tier 3 level support for issue and problem management;
- network circuit and hardware capacity management including reporting, planning, and execution;
- network monitoring for proper key performance indicators (KPIs), including but exclusive to SNMP and log file monitoring;
- system reports of KPIs, SLAs, issues and projects;
- vendor management including full contract activity support to the director;
- provide governance over annual maintenance and hardware refresh activities; support change activities for project related activities,
- including gathering, documenting and validating customer requirements, in support of the project manager;
- provide recommendations for system process improvements and technical innovations.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline preferred or commensurate experience
- 9+ years work experience with network and/or telecom systems. In addition for data networking - Advanced (I.E. Expert level) vendor certification required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a large enterprise setting.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent networking certification.
- ITIL-Foundation certification.
- Experience working in an environment with Cisco Router, Cisco Switches, Cisco Wireless, Riverbed WAN Optimization and F5 Load Balancers.
- Functional understanding of VOIP, QoS, IP Routing (WAN & LAN), ACI/SDN, SD-WAN, Multicast, DNS, DHCP and Netflow technologies.
- Experience in managing technical problems involving multiple teams, suppliers and variables.
- Ability to digest performance/capacity reports and work with stakeholders and supplier to develop strategic/tactical plans based on the information provided in the reports.
- Writing and reviewing RFPs/RFQs/SOW's.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 07/18/2019