- This role coordinates and manages the daily activities of Project Coordinators and Project Managers.
- Responsible for the quality of the Projects and Programs assigned to their staff.
- Manages the Project and Program Portfolios for one or more disciplines to support and enable the success of both the individual portfolio owner and Claims in alignment with the Claims strategy.
- Responsible for ongoing collaboration with peers to proactively update and improve the department tools and methodologies to enable effective Project Management.
- Occasionally independently manages all aspects of a limited number of highly complex projects and programs when necessary to support Claims and or the ongoing evolution of the department.
- Develops and trains employees in the proper handling of Projects and Programs.
- Routinely audits projects to provide detailed actionable feedback and support meaningful personal development plans.
- Monitors the quality of work that is completed by the Project Coordinators and Project Managers.
- Works with staff on the development of the necessary skills and competencies providing guidance and feedback.
- Attends project meetings, reviews status plans, agendas and meeting minutes on a regular basis to assess skills.
- Evaluates project requests and related tasks and works with portfolio owners and peers to ensure priorities are established and understood.
- Empowers employees with the authority and resources to achieve results.
- Recognizes employees with strong growth potential and provides opportunities for development.
- Inspires employees to achieve their full potential.
- Establishes clear performance objectives and evaluation criteria.
- Highly skilled in delivering constructive and insightful feedback.
- Creates an environment of relentless improvement.
- Sets high standards by reviewing department and team objectives on a regular basis, looking for ways to streamline work processes, sharing QA results and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Regularly gathers feedback to promote and improve employee engagement.
- Manages one or more project portfolios to support and enable the success of both the portfolio owner(s) and Claims.
- Partners with other staff managers to ensure projects are communicated, coordinated and aligned to ensure effective use of the Project resources.
- Participates in strategic, operational and tactical planning to define our vision and strategy and to make sure the work we do is aligned with the strategic imperatives of the business.
- Proactively prioritizes demand to ensure resource availability.
- Scouts internally and externally for potential new candidates.
- Identifies and hires high potential individuals.
- Mentors and coaches them in developing Project and Program Management skills.
Job Posting: 08/01/2019
Other Locations: United States, Arizona, Phoenix