Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Work under the direction of the Personal Lines BI Director on the successful delivery of multiple concurrent BI release projects prioritized by Marketing, Product, R&D, Pricing, Finance, Distribution, and Actuarial teams.
- Partner with business users to gather & document business and functional requirements.
- Develop and maintain project estimates, design documents/specifications, data dictionaries, and source to target mappings for ETL development and testing.
- Set and independently manage delivery targets per expectations.
- Develop complex SQL Queries to support project delivery, business inquiries, root cause analysis, and ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to understand complex insurance domains, data landscape, and architectures.
- Oversee end to end project delivery, providing technical leadership to project teams and regularly communicate the status of key updates, risks, and issues to the manager.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve efficiency and pace within the team.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse/ETL Data Analyst (techno-functional) role, including familiarity with Inmon/Kimball/Star Schema methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of ETL developers both on and offshore.
- Experienced in facilitating in-person and remote meetings/working sessions with business & IT resources.
- Experienced in the effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Comfortable with DW/BI concepts and terminology.
- Experience in P/C Insurance Industry is a plus, not required.
- Programming experience with one or more of R, Python, or SAS, preferred.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms and data warehouse technologies (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, Google Cloud, etc), preferred.
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies Spark, Hive, HBase, Parquet, Hadoop, HDFS, map-reduce, etc., preferred.
- Hands-on experience with data visualization and BI tools like Tableau and Looker, preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, preferred.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing basics and concepts.
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies (IBM DB2, Oracle).
- Strong analytical skills (able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.).
- Experience with ETL tools and technologies (Informatica or similar).
- Proven track record of delivering/leading data projects to high business satisfaction.
- Basic understanding of cloud platforms and data warehouse technologies (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, Google Cloud, etc).
- Exposure to Data modeling - dimensional and relational modeling.
- Experience with data visualization and BI tools (Tableau, Business Objects).
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills - be able to present information to managers, team members, IT Partners, managers, and business partners.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance team needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decision.
- Effective critical thinking, problem-solving skills with the ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms to assist with solutions and root cause analysis.
- Collaborative mindset to work with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues and risks to management for direction.
- A creative, collaborative thinker with an ability to learn new things, assess problems and identify proactive solutions quickly.
- Quick learner and self-starter with the ability to absorb new information to support existing and new initiatives.
Job Posting: 08/14/2019