Please note: This position is currently located in Los Angeles
but will be relocating to Burbank in Nov-Dec timeframe.
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Credit Union Back Office Supervisor is responsible for promoting the operational excellence of the credit union through the supervision of back office employees and functions. Duties include, but are not limited to, performing product and service evaluations, vendor evaluations, conducting system testing, creating new system or program proposals, coordinating resources with other business units or vendors, and implementing products and services for the credit union. In addition to maintaining control of critical organizational processes such as ACH/EFT, wire transfers, payroll, portfolio, legal/levy, and wire processing, this position will also manage the department's adherence to policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines set forth by various entities (e.g. NCUA, NACHA, Federal Reserve, etc.). The Back Office Supervisor will manage product support, including trouble-shooting and resolving issues relating to services such as Mobiliti Remote Deposit Capture, Desktop Remote Deposit, PayNow, and Premium Overdraft as well as provides leadership, guidance, and direction on departmental operations and technical/systems infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
- Implements strategies that support the attainment of strategic objectives by performing product and service evaluations for the Credit Union, new vendor evaluations, conducting system testing, creating new system or program proposals, coordinating department resources, and implementing products and services.
- Manages critical organization processes such as ACH/EFT, Wires, Payroll and Folio Processing, Legal/Levy Processing, Wire Processing, and Inclearings.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and direction regarding departmental operations and technical/system infrastructure.
- Performs in the capacity of Product Owner on each of the assigned processes.
- Performs risk assessments on services, products, features within oversight, and analyzes departmental processes for areas of responsibility and escalates potential issues to higher management.
- Analyzes new products/services and determines and implements additional review procedures necessary to maintain an effective control environment when testing new system features.
- Participates in and provides support, input, research, and/or analysis needed on project teams for new products, services, vendor analysis, and program enhancements that support Back Office, Operations, Payments, and other Institution wide initiatives.
- Manages the department's adherence to policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines, to include rules and regulations set forth by NCUA, NACHA, Wespay, CUNA Mutual, and the Federal Reserve.
- Supervises assigned Back Office staff and manages the training and development of employees by providing consistent motivation, coaching and feedback.
- Manages staff development and drives focus on providing superior member service.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred with at least 3 years work experience in a financial institution/credit union.
Minimum 1 year direct ACH processing and general ledger reconciliation experience required, along with knowledge of flow of funds, and NACHA rules/regulations.
Two years in a supervisory or team lead capacity, preferably in a credit union.
Special Skill Requirement
- Advanced MS Excel experience required.
- MS Access skills preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technically proficient in bank operations
- Strong analytical skills
- Exercises good judgment, leadership, decision making, and customer relationship building skills required
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 08/19/2019
Other Locations: United States, California, Burbank