We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Farmers Insurance is seeking second and third-year law students to join their Los Angeles branch legal office located in downtown Los Angeles. This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished defense attorneys in the practice of insurance defense litigation. As an intern, you will learn valuable skills and knowledge of the civil litigation process by drafting and responding to discovery demands, conducting legal research and drafting motions. You may also shadow our staff defense attorneys at hearings, depositions, mediations and trials. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys the profession and is seeking a work environment rich in experience, opportunity, and knowledge. This is a paid internship.
- Second or Third-Year law student
- Available for employment approximately 20 hours per week
- Interest in civil litigation, particularly personal injury and/or insurance defense
- Classes in legal research, torts and civil procedure preferred.
- Skilled in legal research and writing.
- Ability to analyze legal issues and apply appropriate legal principles.
- Capable of obtaining and presenting material in oral and/or written form.
- Perform research and analyses of files, case law, statutes and other relevant material and prepare appropriate motions.
- Desire to learn litigation practice.
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
Skills that will be Developed
- Principles of effective legal writing and verbal presentations for maximum impact
- Analytical analysis of liability and damages
- Development and execution of a discovery plan
- Understanding of civil litigation
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 08/22/2019