We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Subrogation Coordinator position operates in a Subrogation Claims Office and is responsible for evaluating claims for subrogation potential while effectively managing individual claims to reassignment or conclusion. Communicating expectations of the subrogation process to internal and external customers is important in this role along with responding to inquiries and securing claim updates in a timely manner. May handle some office administrative tasks or various special projects as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Efficiently and accurately review claims documentation for subrogation potential.
- Monitors progress claim status until claim is reassigned or recovery efforts have concluded.
- Clearly explains subrogation process to customers and other claim professionals and timely responds to inbound telephone inquiries.
- Secures evidence or information to aid in subrogation process and ensures all claim interactions are clearly and accurately documented in the claim file.
- Provides support to claims adjusters and feedback to leadership regarding claim handling processes.
- Follow up on claim reimbursement status, monitor payment plans, and process incoming recoveries.
- Request/issue payments within authority.
- Maintains job knowledge through intermittent training/learning and incorporates new information into daily tasks.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude including the ability to master multiple windows simultaneously.
- Basic Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision.
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 09/12/2019