At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
Provide expertise in the design and functionality of business applications. We understand customers' business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems. We reviews and validate the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements. Performing quality review checks on project deliverables, we validates suppliers estimates, perform impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system and Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality. We specify or recommends integration and parallel testing criteria as well as support the implementation activities and troubleshoot system environmental issues.
- Understands customers' processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- P&C Insurance experience along with Billing related experience is required
- Minimum 8 years of experience in solution design /subject matter analysis of insurance applications specifically in Billing as well as insurance experience involving mentoring and overseeing solutioning and development activities.
- Experience in Billing functional areas such as Payment Channels, Customer Facing applications, Inquiry, Dunning, Payments etcâ¦ is required
- Strong SAP FSCD, SAP HANA, JAVA skills required. CICS, VSAM, JCL, mainframe skills will be a big plus
- Strong Database knowledge. Proficient in SQL application tuning.
- Project Management and overall delivery execution/ownership experience in SDLC / Agile is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- May require occasional travel.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 08/27/2019