We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Maximizes positive customer experience for our agency force and clients by analyzing complex Accounting related transactions and supporting query resolution by identifying, understanding, and resolving all related inquiries. Assumes overflow of work from Accounting Clerk III as well as processing of basic contract values. Handles level 2 calls as referred by Customer Advocates.
Essential Job Functions
• Handles accounting related requests and inquiries from the Agency force to ensure a positive customer experience. Accepts ownership of more difficult inquiries, gathering all necessary information and resolving or forwarding request to appropriate party for completion.
• Knows and follows product, system and procedures. Keeps up-to-date with changes.
• Attains service level goals as outlined in performance objectives.
• Maintains efficiency of calls, schedule adherence, and after call work.
• Responsible for understanding and being able to assume all high level Accounting Clerk III duties, to help manage the work load and account for dips in the call cycle. In addition, is responsible for calculating and processing evaluations and/or initial settlement of basic Agent contract values.
• Builds subject matter expertise relating to assigned insurance products and procedures. Coaches Customer Advocates to effectively handle the inquiry where appropriate.
• Performs other functions as assigned.
• Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in- house or outside insurance / industry related courses / seminars as deemed necessary to expand product / system knowledge.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of four years experience in Accounting or a related field and one year experience in a Customer Service related role.
Special Skill Requirement
Good communication skills
Basic math skills
Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 09/04/2019