Do you love working with people and numbers? Come immerse yourself in big data and business management at Farmers insurance!
We are looking for innovative, curious, and organized thinkers to join our Personal Lines Product Management summer internship program.
Farmers Insurance is a Fortune 500 company, proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes' top 50 Happiest Companies to Work For in 2018. We are one of the nation's largest insurers of homes and vehicles and are headquartered in the Woodland Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to deliver peace of mind by making customers smarter about insurance and helping them recover from a loss.
Perks of working at our state-of-the-art Woodland Hills campus include access to the free onsite gym/shower, onsite dining at our new grill and cafÃ©, outdoor relaxation areas, dynamic employee resource groups (Black Professionals Alliance, LGBT & Allies, Somos Farmers, Toastmasters, Women's Inclusion Network, and more), tons of dining and shopping within walking distance, and more!
Product Management ensures our company continues to grow profitably, and we oversee the Profit and Losses (P&L) of our customers. As such, we collaborate closely with all sides of the business, including Distribution (Farmers agents), Pricing, Underwriting, Research & Development, Claims, Legal, and Marketing.
As an intern you will develop and present to senior leadership a project geared towards achieving our company strategy. Below are examples of a project you might lead:
- Propose a holistic business strategy around self-driving cars
- Test and evaluate pricing strategies around natural disasters
- Research and propose a pricing and marketing strategy catered to the Millennial demographic
- Investigate and present on proper discount utilization by customers and agents
- Pioneer a new report analyzing coverage opportunities and develop agent marketing strategies
You will develop crucial and highly valuable data analytics skills as well as soft skills through the course of your internship. These include, but are not limited to:
- Data querying, manipulation and visualization in SAS, Access, and Excel using SQL code, advanced functions, pivot tables and charts
- Data analysis, communication and presentation of meaningful insights to peers and senior leadership
- Networking with friendly, highly supportive colleagues of diverse backgrounds and skillsets
Requirements for consideration include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current student pursuing an undergraduate or master's degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related major
- Self-motivated, methodical individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- Ability to work eight to twelve weeks during the summer
- Eligible to work in the United States
Job Posting: 09/10/2019