We are Farmers!
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Makes same day contact with customers.
- Explains the claims process to all customers.
- Explains all applicable coverage benefits to the policyholder.
- Confirms facts of loss.
- Determines vehicle location and if drivable.
- Offers vehicle repair and rental service options to customers.
- Arranges for auto physical damage estimate through proper method of inspection.
- Arranges for release of vehicles that are accruing storage fees.
- Arranges for in-person meeting with injured unrepresented claimants based on the needs of the claim.
- Investigates Auto claims with coverage issues requiring in-depth investigation, policy interpretation, and knowledge of state statutes and case law, such as those including applicable exclusions or endorsements, in addition to the coverage issues handled at the previous Tier Owner level.
- Determines if the policy is in force for the date of loss, if the driver is an insured on the policy, if the vehicle is a covered auto, if any exclusions or endorsements apply to the loss, and what coverages on the policy apply to the loss.
- Provides verbal and written communication to customers to explain coverage issues and decisions.
- Prepares appropriate coverage correspondence including Reservation of Rights and Disclaimer letters within prescribed authority levels.
- Communicates policy risk issues to Underwriting to facilitate their evaluation of the policy risk and exposure.
- Conducts material misrepresentation investigations and submits findings to Underwriting.
- Investigates and determines liability for claims requiring in depth investigation and analysis including multi vehicle auto losses with comparative negligence. Completes investigation by securing recorded statements of the parties, police report, vehicle photos and estimates, scene investigations, and other supporting evidence.
- Analyzes duties owed and breached by all potential responsible parties and determines liability percentage for each party.
- Communicates liability decision to customers, claimants, claim specialists, and Underwriting.
- Recognizes subrogation potential and makes referrals to Subrogation department when appropriate.
- Investigates and recognizes all potential claim exposures.
- Investigates and evaluates injury exposures for all alleged injury claims.
- Escalates claims with exposures exceeding financial authority and Tier 3 complexity criteria to Supervisor.
- Resolves auto physical damage claims proactively and accurately.
- Secures estimate of damages timely through appropriate repair channel.
- Coordinates and collaborates with auto physical damage and total loss specialists to facilitate claim resolution for customers.
- Explains repair process and estimate to customers.
- Manages rental claims through communication with customers, repair facilities, rental vendors, and claim specialists.
- Proactively manages and mitigates storage costs.
- Issues and authorizes claim payments to customers and repair facilities.
- Resolves injury claims proactively and accurately.
- Types of injury exposures investigated include but are not limited to exposures up to $150,000, allegations of soft tissue injury, fracture, dislocation, ligament injuries, herniated disc and nerve injuries.
- Completes injury investigation by securing recorded statements of injured parties, meeting in person with injured parties as necessary, obtaining signed medical authorizations, and requesting medical bills and records.
- Analyzes and evaluates injury causation for all alleged injuries.
- Evaluates bodily injury claims early and throughout the life of the claim including assessment of medical damages, wage loss, and general damages.
- Evaluates, sets, and updates case reserve amount for all injury exposures throughout the life of the claim.
- Negotiates settlement of bodily injury claims directly with unrepresented claimants and with represented claimants attorneys.
- Secures signed release of claims and issues payment upon final settlement.
- Communicates with insured throughout the claim to keep them informed as to injury claim status.
- Maintains active diary and resolution plan on open files.
- Manages 100% of an average tier 3 workload of auto physical damage and injury exposures.
- Handles and documents files in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for making sure appropriate and professional correspondence is sent to customers including claim status updates.
- Mentors Tier 3 Level I Claim Owners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 12 months experience as a Tier 3 Claim Owner I or equivalent required.
- Proficient customer service skills.
- Proficient critical thinking, time management, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in use of computer, internet, and Microsoft office applications.
Job Posting: 09/06/2019
Other Locations: United States, Colorado, Denver South