Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
The Data Privacy & Governance Director will have responsibility for leading the development and implementation of the data privacy and governance strategy and roadmap supporting consumer privacy policies and data management best practices. This entails cross-functional relationship management through influence, enabling commitment and arrange appropriate resourcing; plan and control day to day project activities and budgets; understand defined privacy needs; coordinate communication and escalations as appropriate, and track impact management.
This exciting new role in the Farmers data organization will be working at the forefront of data privacy management framework and governance processes in support of consumer privacy. The role will be responsible for developing and implementing the IT & Data consumer data privacy and governance roadmap to meet current and future consumer privacy regulations and establishing long term governance and controls around the data catalog implementation and adoption across Farmers.
Excellent critical thinking and strong communication skills are needed to collaborate across business and IT/Data stakeholders to establish and modify processes and communicate changes. You will be required to work with a variety of people from executives to development staff to external parties, so you will need to have strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to forge and maintain relationships. Effective program management abilities will be necessary in order to successfully oversee multiple business initiatives and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience applying critical thinking to drive and lead strategic key goals within the data privacy and governance realm with a lens on developing the program to facilitate common approaches to be extensible with new privacy regulatory requirements.
- Ability to simplify strategy into simple actions to develop and drive clear processes to identify, understand, and treat data as an enterprise asset.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to ideate and problem solve actively with stakeholders, especially when managing areas of risk in emerging law.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, with a solution oriented mindset and able to develop innovative solutions in a collaborative environment to issues.
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity - escalates/engages teams as appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing. Ability to communicate to a wide spectrum of cross-functional team members to solve complex issues.
Special Skill Requirement
- Minimum of 6 years of team leadership experience and cross-functional influence.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience communicating to senior organizational leaders.
- 2+ years privacy and/or compliance experience preferred.
- Familiarity with U.S. and international privacy laws and standards, such as CCPA, GDPR is preferred.
Job Posting: 09/12/2019