We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
The Director of Cloud Services will serve as a senior leader within the Farmers Core Infrastructure organization. This leader will be responsible for building and running an organization that can balance the needs of cloud architecture, cloud governance, and cloud operations.
The ideal candidate will develop a strategic vision, strategy and roadmap that guides the consumption of Cloud (Platform as a Service, Container as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Software as a service) in accordance with security architectures and operational frameworks. The candidate will understand industry best practices and emerging technologies to support continuous improvement. Partner with Business Units and IT Finance to support the annual financial planning process and provide ongoing financial monitoring and forecasting to enable organizational investment decisions. Collaborate with strategic partners to prioritize and accelerate delivery of cloud solutions.
- Provide thought leadership and exhibit expertise in the areas of cloud when consulting with business units to determine technical requirements, feasibility, and expectations.
- Design and implement multi-tier architecture solutions that are highly available and fault tolerant; Implement cloud computing architecture solutions that address cloud security and compliance fundamentals, deployment automation and elastic sizing of environments.
- Work with Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management systems, CI/CD pipelines. Leverage large scale monitoring, logging platforms and be able to analyze and debug production issues.
- Drive cloud migration projects, security and cost controls, periodic reporting on operational and cost metrics, while ensuring best practices are implemented and manage the cloud transformation program.
- Lead the design and build new cloud infrastructure, applications, and services within cloud providers.
- Present operational, security and cost-related periodic reports to the IT senior management team.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of cloud security.
- Work with Farmers Information Security to implement a security framework.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure standard solutions and technologies are correctly leveraged by the Cloud Services team.
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10 years of experience in Information Technology
- 3 years Management / Leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 09/19/2019