Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Farmers is looking for an Application Developer II with advanced knowledge of design, development, programming and testing of applications and systems, and they will be as comfortable immersed in code as gathering requirements by communicating and learning from the different business units.
- Gather business requirements.
- Develop, test and implement applications and systems based on requirements and according to standards and conventions.
- Quality check program code, related objects and documentation; accounting for balance and controls.
- Write Documentation.
- Maintain and evolve existing web assets and systems.
- Respond to Production Support issues.
- Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
- Work with Business as required.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred (Computer Science or Information Technology) or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Modern web frameworks and application architectures (.Net, MVC).
- Design patterns, object oriented programming, data structures and algorithms.
- Version Control (Microsoft Team Foundation).
- Structure Query Language (SQL).
- Intermediate level experience on Tableau application.
- Familiar with ETL concepts and implementation in an ETL related tool a plus.
- Analytical and technical skills with knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
- ER and Dimensional data modeling for OLTP and OLAP, and understanding of Data Marts and Star Schema design a plus.
- Familiar with Business Objects application is a plus.
- Experience in D3 is a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable, regularly adjusting direction and vision based on feedback from multiple sources, including customers, and internal staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work through a formal system development lifecycle.
- Comfortable working in both co-located and large scale distributed environments using Agile methodologies and techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions.
- May require occasional travelling.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
Job Posting: 09/27/2019