Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Works with all specialty lines products and supporting policy processing, underwriting, claims, producer, billing, and/or direct marketing systems.
- Sets a professional example by maintaining and applying a thorough, up-to-date, working knowledge of insurance policies, established procedures, underwriting criteria, regulatory requirements, and state by state coverage variations as well as product variations.
- Maintains current licenses in Hawaii, completing continuing education requirements to stay in compliance.
- Fully proficient at problem solving and underwriting, and handles telephone calls and paper processing diligently and accurately.
- Handles requests and inquiries over the phone from customers, independent agents, lienholders, and policyholders.
- Quotes, issues and endorses policies for assigned specialty line products.
- Provides positive customer service experience by reviewing policy, identifying and offering appropriate coverage changes and verifying and correcting information as appropriate.
- Educates customers regarding their insurance policy to ensure they are adequately covered by suggesting the correct coverage and limits of coverage.
- Resolves requests and complaints from policyholders, claims personnel and agents via telephone, email, letters or memos.
- Performs underwriting function by determining risk acceptability by utilizing underwriting guidelines and bulletins.
- Identifies issues and seeks assistance of line underwriting if needed.
- Analyzes correspondence, policy records, or telephone messages to determine action and processes the required changes.
- Stays current on all follow-up activities by maintaining personal diary.
- Gathers and provides competitive information and customer feedback to management for process, systems and product improvements.
- Identifies training needs and scheduling conflicts/opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient and accurate PC skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines/task goals
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and clearly explain the complex laws that affect our customers
- Ability to explain the use of insurance or consumer scores and their application to insurance premium
- Basic leadership skills, ability to mentor/coach effectively
- Ability to adhere to structured schedule
Job Posting: 10/08/2019
Other Locations: United States, Hawaii, Hilo,United States, Hawaii, Kahului,United States, Hawaii, Honolulu