- Underwrites difficult consumer loan applications, deferring to the AVP Lending, Chief Lending Officer, or President/CEO as appropriate.
- Provides consultation and alternatives to marginal and/or problematic loan applicants.
- Cross-trains staff within the department to increase the depth of the department.
- Studies the need for, and practicality of, new and additional loan products and makes appropriate recommendations to the AVP Lending, Chief Lending Officer, or President/CEO.
- Reviews inquiries on problem loans and makes adjustments as allowed, taking appropriate action as required.
- Monitors level and type of member complaints, looking for trends and/or escalation in the complaints.
- Evaluates and determines appropriate action.
- Supervises maintenance of loan file documentation, reviewing an adequate sample of loans processed/approved by loan officers reporting to the Loan Supervisor.
- Monitors staff loans and alerts AVP Lending, Chief Lending Officer, or President/CEO of loan quality issues.
- Remains current with compliance procedures, laws, and regulations that have an impact on loan related products and services and ensures that this information is continually conveyed to the necessary staff.
- Works in conjunction with the Training and Compliance Supervisor. Reviews assigned system reports to monitor department activity, taking appropriate action when considered necessary.
- Analyzes departmental tasks and determines and implements additional review procedures necessary to maintain an effective control environment.
- Reviews department on an-on-going basis for ways to gain additional efficiencies through technology, redundancy of tasks performed, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Posting: 09/26/2019
Other Locations: United States, California, Burbank,United States, California, Torrance