This position can be located in Austin, TX; Burbank, CA; or Torrance, CA.
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check us out at www.figfcu.org.
Develops, directs, coordinates and supervises Credit Union consumer personnel in the administrative functions of consumer loan products and services; underwrites consumer loan applicants; provides consultation to projected applicants; reviews service procedures; recommends, installs, and implements new service products; trains staff on use of same.
Essential Job Functions
- Underwrites difficult consumer loan applications, deferring to the AVP Lending, Chief Lending Officer, or President/CEO as appropriate.
- Provides consultation and alternatives to marginal and/or problematic loan applicants.
- Cross-trains staff within the department to increase the depth of the department.
- Studies the need for, and practicality of, new and additional loan products and makes appropriate recommendations to the AVP Lending, Chief Lending Officer, or President/CEO.
- Reviews inquiries on problem loans and makes adjustments as allowed, taking appropriate action as required.
- Monitors level and type of member complaints, looking for trends and/or escalation in the complaints.
- Evaluates and determines appropriate action.
- Supervises maintenance of loan file documentation, reviewing an adequate sample of loans processed/approved by loan officers reporting to the Loan Supervisor.
- Monitors staff loans and alerts AVP Lending, Chief Lending Officer, or President/CEO of loan quality issues.
- Remains current with compliance procedures, laws, and regulations that have an impact on loan related products and services and ensures that this information is continually conveyed to the necessary staff.
- Works in conjunction with the Training and Compliance Supervisor. Reviews assigned system reports to monitor department activity, taking appropriate action when considered necessary.
- Analyzes departmental tasks and determines and implements additional review procedures necessary to maintain an effective control environment.
- Reviews department on an-on-going basis for ways to gain additional efficiencies through technology, redundancy of tasks performed, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred in business administration, or two years of business related college level courses and three years business experience in addition to the experience required below.
Two years as a supervisor in a financial institution, preferably a credit union.
Experience managing a remote workforce preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
Proficiency with computers, including word processing and spreadsheet software.
Ability to travel 3-4 times a year as needed.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 11/20/2019