Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Develops and compiles the underwriting information and historical loss data used in support of reinsurance treaty negotiations.
- In coordination with the broker and other Farmers departments presents this information, assuring data accuracy and consistency with other submissions.
- Analyzes the financial statements of reinsurers for compliance with current financial standards as established by the Reinsurance Committee.
- Develops quarterly reports of reinsurers in financial difficulty and recommends actions to mitigate the adverse financial impact on the Exchanges.
- Coordinates the annual review of the financial statements of all reinsurance intermediaries with whom we actively do business.
- Analyzes reinsurance data for accuracy and consistency in order to identify areas where poor data quality adversely affects the price of reinsurance or the ability to fully recover from reinsurers.
- Initiates contact with MIS and other departments as needed to address these data inaccuracies or deficiencies.
- Calculates reinsurance collectible under the various catastrophe treaties and coordinates the claim submission.
- Calculates reinstatement premium amounts due on contracts with these provisions.
- Reviews all reinsurance agreements to assure that final contracts contain all agreed upon terms and that signature requirements are secured in a timely manner.
- Maintains all reinsurance agreements at the direction of the Reinsurance Manager.
- Maintains a database of all reinsurers by treaty, layer, participation, and year.
- Utilizing this database, monitors reinsurance recovery activity and reports on unreasonable delays.
- Prepares and distributes executive summaries and reports of all reinsurance agreements and renewals for Management, outside reinsurance parties, and other departments.
- Represents Strategic Planning at interdepartmental meetings regarding reinsurance issues.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Job Posting: 10/01/2019