Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- The Manager of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P) is responsible for serving as the primary point of contact for assigned business unit (BU) leaders, and is accountable for delivery of services and communicating with the BU and SS&P team appropriately.
- This position will develop category specific sourcing strategies informed by larger Strategic Sourcing Strategies as well as business priorities and needs.
- The manager will provide oversight and, when needed, lead complex RFx (Requests for Information, Requests for Propsals) and contracting initiatives.
- This role will be responsible for leading a team in supporting assigned customers while aligning with strategic sourcing strategies.
- As an output of category planning, this individual will lead and manage the end to end sourcing process including high spend, high impact, and high complexity projects (eg projects involving key vendor relationships, essential business unit tools/resources, large user base across multiple business units) through requirements definition, RFx development, distribution, and completion, scorecard coordination and analysis, spend and response analysis, and vendor risk management requirements.
- This individual will leverage deep sourcing and RFx knowledge to serve as the primary point of contact for business unit operational stakeholders, cost center owners, and department heads while being accountable for delivery of RFx services, management of high complexity contract requests, and handle all internal stakeholder and external vendor communications.
- This individual will lead and manage contractual negotiations, legal and business clause drafting, coordination of appropriate approvals, and will obtain associated documentation for high complexity contracting assignments (Master Service Agreements (MSA), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Amendments, Statements of Work (SOW), Work Orders (WO)).
- This individual will lead the definition, planning, and execution of category strategies, including proactive contract management, sourcing pipeline development, spend analysis, and industry trend reviews as aligned to SS&P strategic roadmap.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business, finance, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Certifications such as the ISM, CSCMP, and other industry certifications are preferred.
- 8 years' experience in a strategic sourcing or procurement role required.
- Previous leadership experience managing a team required.
- Experience with managing and delivering across business unit and geographical boundaries required.
- Experience with supporting an internal Enterprise Marketing client group or a similar business unit (BU) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and people management skills.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional contract negotiation skills.
- Compelling influencing and persuasion skills.
- Robust project management and change management skills.
- Demonstrated consulting and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Results orientated
Job Posting: 10/01/2019