We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Prepares and maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, financial records; prepares financial statements and reports for assigned companies; analyzes and interprets accounting records.
Essential Job Functions
• Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts. Identifies adjustments, corrective action, and prepares documentation in support of the reconciliation.
• Prepare and analyze financial statements, various reports, and financial records for assigned books of business or companies.
• Prepares, processes, and validates recurring and miscellaneous accounting entries (journals/payments).
• Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and records for assigned companies.
• Prepares reports and statements for various state and regulatory filings for assigned companies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
Special Skill Requirement
Proficiency in MS Excel preferred
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 10/22/2019