Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Oversees preparation of the IT annual budget and coordinates planning process with IT finance and business units, as required; reviews all financial reports for accuracy and completeness, reviews results with IT and Business management; ensures service costs stay within budget / recommends corrective actions, as applicable; ensures timely submission of reports; approves invoice payments for incurred expenses; identifies and implements ways to increase efficiency without sacrificing internal controls; recommends effective internal controls; reviews and analyzes financial implications of new initiatives; acts as liaison with internal and external auditing; manages deliverables of assigned personnel.
- Assists in development of the annual budget(s) using controlling tools.
- Supports preparation of financial reports, including research & analysis of Actual and Forecast variances
- Assist in allocation of IT costs to the business units for IT services and prepares reports, as required Prepares variance reports (metrics and expenses) for billing between IT units Validates invoices against agreed upon contracts; processes payments
- Maintains knowledge of corporate accounting policies & standards; ensures proper authorization and transactional support (contracts, invoices, etc.), adhering to all published schedules
- Provides support for financial audits Develops the annual budget(s) for IT, utilizing controlling tools and ensuring adherence to the schedule; obtains full understanding and sign- off by budget owner
- Prepares assigned financial reports, including variance analysis and explanations Prepares IT cost allocations to the business units for IT services; ensure compliance with any SLA Monitors expenditures for assigned services, ensuring compliance with corporate policies
- Reviews financial implications of initiatives, ensuring availability of budget; prepares financial analysis reports in support of new initiatives & projects Identifies ways to automate processes, minimizing manual intervention and increasing efficiency Oversees preparation of the annual budget(s) for IT, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and timeliness; Coordinates planning process with Group Finance and Business Units, as required
- Reviews all financial reports, including Actual/Forecast Analysis, IT Allocations, and Billing Variance, for accuracy & completeness; reviews results with IT management & business units; ensures service costs stay within budget / recommends corrective actions, as applicable; ensures timely submission of reports
- Prepares and reviews timely allocation of IT costs; reviews results with business units as necessary
- Approves invoice payments / ensures proper authorization and transactional support (contracts, invoices, etc.) for incurred expenses
- Identifies and implements ways to automate processes, increasing efficiency without sacrificing internal controls; recommends effective internal controls; acts as liaison with internal and external auditing
- Manages deliverables of assigned personnel
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Master's degree preferred for Levels III & IV.
- Level III: 5-8 years of controlling experience, knowledge of IT and Project Accounting
- Experience working with forecasting, variance analysis, and project approvals
- Expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- Experience presenting and meeting with VP level executives and discuss project approvals, budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience with large budgets assigned for IT projects.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise.
- Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 11/05/2019