Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
- Makes initial contact with insureds and claimants to verify claims information and advise them of the claims process.
- May arrange drive-in and field appointments.
- Obtains signed medical and investigation authorizations.
- Obtains police and fire reports.
- Handles minor, undisputed claims on instruction from supervisor.
- Authorizes rental cars on instruction from claims representative or when liability and coverage are not questioned.
- Within payment authority, may authorize supplements.
- Controls diary of all new liability claims for submission to supervisor.
- Obtains medical reports from attending physicians or attorneys if claimant is represented; makes appointments for independent medical examinations; and compares treatment rendered with injuries described on loss report.
- Contacts medical service facilities regarding bills to determine if they are reasonable and related to the loss.
- Obtains loss reports from agents, insureds, and claimants and enters into FACTS.
- Makes assignments under the direction of the CSC/BCO management.
- Responds to telephone and written inquiries regarding status of claims assigned.
- Keys information into F.A.C.T.S. system.
- Opens and prepares files.
- May handle PIP/Med Pay claims and/or subrogation files.
- Inputs and/or computes estimates and inventories on instruction from claims representatives; prepares Insured Payment Authorizations.
- May also perform a variety of clerical duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or manager which could include handling mail, phone calls, filing, claims coding, processing and statistical responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Solid communication skills; verbal and written
- Computer savvy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work accordingly
- Self motivated
- Communication Skills
- Personal Computer Literate
Job Posting: 10/10/2019