At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
The IT-Client Management Solutions department is comprised of multiple teams that are spread across 19 sites, providing support and engineering functions for issues escalated to the Service Desk. The team provides local and/or remote support at all of the various business units within Farmers. This includes: assisting in on boarding employees, procuring hardware and software, coordinating IT related projects, maintaining inventory databases, and escalating and driving escalations through resolution.
- Leads and engages in team, department, and enterprise projects by contributing in solution design, presentation, implementation or monitoring. Identifies trends providing recommendation and developing new methods for improving end user experience.
- Network troubleshooting - ping tests, trace route, ipconfig, nslookup, network link speed / bandwidth testing, understanding of the function of routers / switches / Riverbed devices, MiFi & WiFi connections & devices
- Computer networking - copying files to remote locations, transferring via FTP, creating, administration and security of shares, remotely controlling of machines, naming of machines.
- Imaging - imaging & modifying code/jobs, partitioning (creation and resizing)
- Hardware Break Fix - diagnosis and understanding of root cause for failed parts on desktop / laptops / peripherals, physical replacement of broken parts in desktops / laptops (including but not limited to memory, systemboard, system fan, CD drives, LCD, Palm Rest, Keyboards, etc.)
- Data Recovery - recovery of data from broken/ unreadable drives
- Advanced Desktop / Laptop Software Troubleshooting - driver conflicts, understanding of processes & services, log file capturing/interpreting, installing printers, software installation conflicts, registry editing, virus identification and cleaning, understanding and decoding of error message, basic packaging and scripting
- Continual Maintenance - Cleaning, updating software, applying & understanding of security patches
- Cabling / Connections - Understanding and designing of CAT 5 (or similar) cabling, HDMI, DVI, VGA, HDMI, Display Port, USB (all versions), SATA / eSATA solutions
- Mobile Support- configuration, management, troubleshooting and understanding of iOS products and devices
- Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- ITIL Foundations v.3
- 5-8 years of pertinent experience in IT support as well as project management.
- Experience in leadership through department projects or acting team lead.
- Proven ability to effectively work within collaborative teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting multiple components and technologies such as: desktop / laptops, mobile devices (Android / iOS), Wi-Fi and LAN connections, A / V Equipment & conference room support, peripheral setup, Skype, Box, WebEx, Spark, Virtual Desktop (VDI), Apple and Windows 7 / 10 environments, etc.
- Complete ownership of issues and problems and support from end to end; coordination of multiple teams and support personnel as needed to resolve the incident as quickly as possible.
- Capability to work flexible hours, which may include day, evening and weekend hours.
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver results within tight timeframes
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 10/11/2019