- Accountable to manage long and short range rate and price strategies for the business insurance auto product in order to achieve profit goals.
- Monitors business insurance auto product performance by market and develops action plans to improve performance.
- Accountable for development of product enhancements and new product offerings. Development includes pricing, coverage and underwriting strategy.
- Accountable to monitor book and industry trends and make corrective changes when required to maintain growth and profit positions.
- Analyses product mix and design to gain a competitive advantage and drive product growth.
- Designs forecasting models to anticipate changes in the market.
- Line of business expert on auto product related inquiries.
- Develops and delivers change management efforts for the introduction of new or enhanced products. This includes training, communication and field interaction.
- Accountable to ensure that products meet needs of customers (insured) and agents.
- Accountable for staff development and training.
- Accountable to manage budget through expense control.
- Responsible for ensuring insurance rules and regulations are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Accountable for development of underwriting guidelines and rules in conjunction with pricing and exposure control (limits profiles and cat mitigation programs).
- Acts as project sponsor for innovation efforts related to business insurance auto product lines which include process and technology.
- Develop future leaders for Business Insurance and the organization.
- Establish an environment that promotes teamwork, camaraderie and employee retention.
- Four year college degree
- Insurance education such as CPCU or related courses.
- 5 years leadership experience with large operations
- 10 years Business Insurance industry experience preferably with underwriting and/or field management experience
- Experience managing/developing a senior group of managers, underwriters and operations / service center personnel.
- Role requires a thorough comprehension of business insurance and its key disciplines and processes including insurance products, coverages, underwriting guidelines, servicing needs, etc.
- Must be skilled and knowledgeable in relationship management and communication with key business executives.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of Farmers internal and external business partners.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
- Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
Job Posting: 10/18/2019
Other Locations: United States, California, Los Angeles,United States, Ohio, Independence