We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
Prepares and maintains financial records, statements and reports for assigned companies; analyzes and interprets accounting records; researches complex accounting issues and errors providing solutions; prepares various internal management and external regulatory reports as assigned; works on special projects, overseeing and acting as liaison with other functions on assigned projects. Creates and performs quality reviews and financial projections as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepares and analyze financial statements, various reports and financial records for assigned books of business or companies.
• Reviews accounting impact from system changes, tests and validates SAP changes, researches accounting issues provides recommendations.
• Prepares Business Requirements Inquires (BRI) and SAP enhancement requests to address any issues affecting financial data.
• Actively involved with the automation of manual processes and/or setting up new interfaces.
• Prepares reports and statements for internal management and externally for various state and regulatory filings, as assigned.
• Helps develop balancing routines and design exception reports that provide a means to analyze and fix out of balances in reconciliations and various reports.
• Participates in release testing to ensure that no data quality issues exist that will adversely impact the financial statements and processes.
• Liaison with various functions on projects to ensure that accounting needs are met.
• Assigned miscellaneous special projects and other duties.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Minimum of 3 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, etc)
SAP and Business Warehouse experience preferred
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 10/18/2019