We are looking for a diverse group of curious, passionate, and hard-working students to join our summer internship program for 2020!
We are Farmers!
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes' Best Employers for New Grads in 2018. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
What you'll get to do as an intern
This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished Insurance professionals and gain valuable skills for your future. You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive our business forward. Through project work, job shadowing, hands on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams you will expand your knowledge and experience.
What we're looking for
- 10 to 12 week summer internship, 40-hour work week
- Rising seniors working toward Bachelors (BS/BA) degree or entering final year of Masters program (MS/MA)
- Currently enrolled in a Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, or any mathematics-intensive applied science degree program.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
Contribute to the development and implementation of predictive analytics. Learn to apply statistical and analytical techniques to deliver data driven insights and support business objectives.
- Broaden knowledge and application of modeling techniques and procedures.
- Support preparation of internal/external, structured/unstructured data sets to build/rebuild/refresh predictive models.
- Under direction, use appropriate modeling techniques to address business needs.
- Effectively communicate analyses.
- State-of-the-art facility with cafeteria, fitness center, walking trails nearby
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.