At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
Who We Are
As an Accounting Associate, you play a crucial role in the department. You will be part of a team that contributes to the financial close process and provide valuable reports and analysis to key stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to support the Accounting team while further developing your skills.
What You'll Do
- Analyze and prepare financial statements used by key stakeholders
- Prepare journal entries, ensuring the completeness of the ledger
- Ensure the quality of the Balance Sheet by identifying and resolving reconciliation variances
- Support the business unit, auditors, state regulators and actuarial as assigned
- Prepare various internal management and external regulatory reports as assigned
- Drive and influence business decisions based on metrics and data
- Innovate and drive process improvement
- Work in a strong team environment with a focus on collaboration, diversity in thought and inclusion
- Articulate results effectively to management
What you Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with an emphasis in accounting
- Ideal candidate will have Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Team player and effective collaborator
- Meticulous with an unrelenting attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical skills and inquisitive mind
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills
- Customer centric and trustworthy
What We Offer
Compensation: $54k base salary plus a competitive Benefits package, including bonus potential!
- Opportunity to join a team of over 450 Finance and Accounting professionals nationwide.
- Opportunities for advancement for proactive, driven and knowledgeable individuals who want to expand into leadership roles.
- A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Savings Accounts, life insurance, short and long term disability; Company contributed 401(K) program, up to 6% dollar for dollar company match, PLUS additional 4% automatic company contribution; Bonus Eligibility and 19-34 PT0 days, based on tenure. In addition, we offer wellness programs, flexible work schedule and much more.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
FarmersÂ® is a Great Place to Work!
- For more details on what makes Farmers a great place to work, please visit:
Job Posting: 10/31/2019