Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Manages accounts within a defined geographic territory and is responsible for the obtainment of premium and profit objectives for those accounts.
- Implements departmental, zone and territory strategies independently or as part of a sales team.
- Works with all available products and all channels of distribution.
- Develops accounts within a district to provide profitable policy growth. Works with IAMM Field Marketing to prospect, contract and train new accounts.
- Provides all accounts with consultative training, product and service information toward achievement of district objectives.
- Working independently or as part of a sales team, implements special district, zone or departmental strategies as assigned.
- Utilizes technology (E-Mail, Contact management tool, TNT, etc.) to manage account data and district performance.
- Records information about account competitors, segmentation and contact activity, maintaining up-to-date data for use by the Sales division.
- Develops personal sales expertise and account management techniques. Enhances knowledge of the company, products, processes and markets through planned training activities and self-directed learning.
- Directs Licensing and Service requests to proper support groups. Provides input to product marketing management.
- Applies technology to effectively manage a district. Develops a tactical plan and measures results.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Marketing or Insurance. Property and Casualty license required during first year in position if not previously acquired.
- Attainment of, or actively pursuing, Insurance designation such as: INS 21 Property and Liability Insurance Principles, INS 22 Personal Insurance, INS23 Commercial Insurance, API 28 Underwriting and Marketing Practices, API 29 Portfolio Management and Issues, CPCU 530 The Legal Environment of Insurance.
- Successful completion of Foundations Training Ability to utilize PC and Microsoft office products.
- Mentors new Account Executives.
- Broad understanding of market in territory and Farmer's position.
- Strong product knowledge of all product offerings Influence Zone tactics Skill transference (able to cross districts, conduct situational analysis and immediately impact results).
- Ability to make effective presentations (seminars, department meetings, focus group).
- Strong consultative sales skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Posting: 11/04/2019