At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
The IT- Core Infrastructure Services group is responsible for translating business and technical requirements into design artifacts that guide the development and implementation of large scale IT solutions across Farmers to maximize creative opportunities for customer acquisition, retention, and profitability. This team oversees the deployment, execution and support of infrastructure and the services supporting it, enterprise-wide with industry best practices for resilient infrastructure systems.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures
- Review runbooks with regard to infrastructure, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Assist with the review/redesign or refresh of existing solutions
- Continually review emerging technologies with other teams looking for cost or resiliency
- Assist with project implementation and incidents with regard to infrastructure and infrastructure services
- Manage technical relationships with vendors to escalate and resolve complex issues
- Perform Run Book reviews to ensure HA, DR, backup and purge strategies exist and are correctly configured.
- Assist Cloud Engineers with migration or replacement of existing systems to the cloud where appropriate
- Attend architecture review meetings ensuring infrastructure ops requirements are met before implementation
- Assist with the review of vendor proposals for completeness and accuracy regarding infrastructure
- Assist Supplier Relationship and Performance Management, with technical reviews of SLA and capacity reports
- Assist with the review of infrastructure change plans to ensure completeness and minimize risk
- Assist with RCA investigations and recommendations and implementation of fixes to improve uptime
- Assist with capacity planning reviews and provide technical guidance as required/requested
- Contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery (DR)
- Assist monitoring teams as required with instrumentation into new or existing systems
- Work with production support with monitoring or scripting automated recoveries to improve overall resiliency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Prior Experience including, not limited to:
- Infrastructure technologies OS (Unix or Windows) storage and networking and services
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery implementations and executions on-prem and/or cloud
- Implementation and/or support or oversight of cloud based systems, IaaS, Paas, Saas
- Implementing or supporting orchestration technologies such as: Terraform, Ansible Tower
- Implementation/support or oversight of replication technologies such as: Zerto,Isilon IQ Sync, EMC SRDF
- Troubleshooting abilities, ability to quickly review logs, decipher scripts etc.
- Managing vendors for delivery of infrastructure or services
- Implementing and/or supporting virtualized systems using VMWare or Citrix
- Scripting using KSH/BASH, PowerShell, Python or Java for infra services support
- Incident Resolution and utilizing Change Management and RCA processes
- Demonstrated experience with tools for troubleshooting issues (WireShark, traceroute, ip/ifconfig, DNS etc)
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver results within tight timeframes
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/31/2019