Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
The Director of Network Infrastructure Services will serve as a senior leader within the Farmers Network Services organization. This leader will be responsible for building and running an organization that can balance the needs of network architecture, network governance, and network operations.
The ideal candidate will develop a strategic vision and roadmap that defines and guides how the network infrastructure team and managed service partners provide operational excellence, lifecycle management and continuous innovation. The candidate will understand industry best practices and emerging technologies to support continuous improvement. Partner with Business Units and IT Finance to support the annual financial planning process and provide ongoing financial monitoring and forecasting to enable organizational investment decisions. Collaborate with internal and external partners to prioritize and deliver on strategic initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
- Build a world-class team of subject matter experts to execute on strategy, drive continuous improvement/innovation, exceed availability targets and optimize the network infrastructure estate.
- Ability to communicate complex technical scenarios details in a way that people can understand
- Ability to digest performance/capacity reports and work with stakeholders and supplier to develop strategic/tactical plans based on the information provided in the reports.
- Experience in managing service providers using contractual SLA's and implementing service improvements plans when necessary.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of network infrastructure security.
- Provide thought leadership and exhibit expertise in all areas of network infrastructure technology when consulting with business units and IT leadership to determine technical requirements, feasibility, and expectations.
- Technologies including but not limited to ACI, SDN, SDWAN, WAN, LAN, WLAN, load balancing and firewalls.
- Closely work with business stakeholders, support team and engineering teams in providing solutions to complex issues
- Manage and report on service level agreements (SLAs) per supplier contracts
- Vendor management including full contract activity support to department head
- Partner with the Global Architecture team to ensure standard solutions and technologies are correctly leveraged by the Network Infrastructure Services team.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure network infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10 years of experience in Information Technology
- 3 years Management / Leadership experience
Special Skill Requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 11/13/2019