At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
The Farmers Salesforce Center of Excellence is responsible for engineering and governance of applications built on the Salesforce and Heroku platforms for operational excellence across Farmers to maximize opportunities for customer acquisition, retention, and profitability. This team develops and executes enterprise-wide sales and service operations strategy by combining business intelligence with industry best practices for CRM, Sales and Service application development.
- Active development of Applications built on the Salesforce platform using both programmatic and declarative toolset.
- Participate in design, architectural reviews, code reviews, and unit tests.
- Review business requirements/functional specifications requirements and provide oversight and guidance on proposed technology solutions.
- Work closely with the IT Leadership and actively collaborate with Business stakeholders to anticipate emergent needs and support business agility.
- Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
- Work with Release Engineering team in app deployment activities.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
- Work effectively within a collaborative team to identify and resolve issues.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Prior experience and familiarity with:
- Java /C++/C# or other object-oriented language
- Salesforce knowledge (Certifications a plus)
- Restful Web Services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Version Control (Git, GitHub, etc)
- Browser Development Tools
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 11/09/2019