We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Performs all technical claims activities relating to assigned workers' compensation indemnity claims.
The Workers Compensation Claims Representative will be located in our Phoenix location and require someone to be within the commutable distance. This role may be filled at varying levels depending on prior experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Ascertains and verifies employment, and determines if injury arose out of (and during course of) employment.
- Completes workers' compensation status and reserve evaluation on all assigned cases.
- Secures evidence and information by office conference, telephone, correspondence, and by assigning necessary field investigations.
- Contacts employee by telephone, correspondence or in person, and explains workers compensation benefits.
- Determines nature, extent, and duration of disability; reviews with doctors; authorizes medical care and examinations; and maintains medical coordination of all claims.
- Determines monetary value of disabilities, and authorizes weekly indemnity.
- Negotiates settlements within extent of authority, and issues claims drafts or checks in payment of claims.
- Contacts, investigates, and negotiates subrogation settlements on assigned cases.
- Establishes and controls diary for file control.
- Maintains adjuster license in states where required.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one to three years of prior claims experience
- Prior Workers Compensation claims experience preferred - full file ownership.
Special Skill Requirement
- Personal Computer Literate
- Valid driver's license
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. ]]>
Job Posting: 11/14/2019