We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Analyzes and recommends revisions in rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance; performs actuarial analysis and research concerning present and proposed rating plans, proposed or recently enacted legislation and the pricing of new products.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes and recommends revisions in held reserves for assigned states
- Analyzes and recommends revisions in rates for assigned states
- Identifies and analyzes trends in the data
- Performs actuarial analysis required to support rate filings with regulatory authorities
- Represents the Actuarial Department in discussions with the Product, Claims, and IT Departments. Works with IT in coding changes for tools that support the actuarial functions.
- Supports the Actuarial Team through querying of data using SQL and SAS programming languages
- Automates tasks using VBA
- Performs calculations for actuarial research and studies to support development of new products
- Performs other functions as assigned
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing and speaking is required.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment with occasional travel by car or airplane.
Four-year college degree and five of the Casualty Actuarial Society exams.
Two years of P&C actuarial experience.
Special Skill Requirement
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiar with SQL
- Familiar with SAS
- Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function. As such, this position may be considered at a higher or lower level position. Salary grade will be based on selected candidates' experience and skills.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. ]]>
Job Posting: 11/21/2019