Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for translating business and technical requirements into the design, implementation, and operationalization of multi-cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) platforms and services, while adhering to established design patterns and guiding principles defined by the Enterprise Architecture team. This position will work closely with Infrastructure Services and Application Operations to design and implement hybrid cloud solutions utilizing commercial infrastructure, platform, and software as a service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) offerings
The ideal candidate will have experience with DevOps methodologies and extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with enterprise scale cloud deployments using Infrastructure as Code (iaC). Expertise in cloud-native technologies, containers, microservices is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provision infrastructures as code (IaC) using Terraform, Cloudformation, and Ansible scripts.
- Configuration management using Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Build DevSecOps pipelines using tools like Jenkins, SonarQube.
- Maintain and enhance existing IaC scripts, creating/maintaining templates to create new infrastructure or tearing it down.
- Define and implement secure networking solutions between on-premise data centers and commercial clouds.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure standard solutions and technologies are correctly leveraged by the Cloud Services team.
- Provide oversight and sign-off on the detailed designs produced by service providers.
- Serve as subject matter expert advisor to senior IT management, and mentor junior level technical staff within multiple functional areas of the IT organization.
- Help the development team navigate through the cloud environment in choosing the right service for the right reason.
- Assist project managers as well as the business facing team with project onboarding.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Identify and lead the resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- Skilled in presentation, listening, interpreting, and providing unsolicited feedback as required.
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Four (4) year degree in Computer Science, Science, Systems Analysis or Related Field, or an equivalent combination of experience and relevant professional certifications;
- Professional certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of direct experience working with a variety of technology systems and designing solutions.
- Deep understanding of the current state of enterprise infrastructure, automation and orchestration, continuous integration/deployment, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security requirements and demands as they relate to infrastructure provisioning and operations.
- Comfortable discussing business needs, gathering requirements, and recommending solutions.
- Comfortable with technology capacity and performance sizing.
- Comfortable with leading whiteboard discussions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral).
- Experience with AWS Organizations and Resource Access Management (RAM).
- Extensive experience with git version control, git branching, and CI/CD practices.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (BASH, Python, PowerShell or other language).
- Experience with Lambda infrastructure automation through CloudFormation deployment.
- Experience with AWS security tools and applications (e.g. Inspector, Config).
- Platform design, implementation and operations in Cloud IaaS and PaaS environments (Cloud Foundry, Docker, OpenShift, and Kubernetes)
- Proven knowledge with Network: LAN, WAN, SD-WAN (Cisco, Palo-alto), switches, firewalls, DMZ, CDN, DNS, VPN.
- Proven knowledge with Hosting and Storage: Compute (Linux, windows) Virtualization (VMWARE) and Converged - Hybrid infrastructure.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 11/21/2019
Other Locations: United States, California, Woodland Hills