We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This position will be part of a team that performs both pricing and reserving analysis for Bristol West Insurance, a high-performing business unit within the Farmers Group focusing on auto insurance. This position offers a unique opportunity to perform both rate indications and reserving analyses for assigned states and to better appreciate how the two relate to the overall performance of the business.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes and recommends revisions in held reserves for assigned states
- Analyzes and recommends revisions in rates for assigned states
- Identifies and analyzes trends in the data
- Performs actuarial analysis required to support rate filings with regulatory authorities
- Represents the Actuarial Department in discussions with the Product, Claims, and IT Departments. Works with IT in coding changes for tools that support the actuarial functions.
- Supports the Actuarial Team through querying of data using SQL and SAS programming languages
- Automates tasks using VBA
- Performs calculations for actuarial research and studies to support development of new products
- Performs other functions as assigned
Four-year college degree and at least two of the preliminary education examinations of the Casualty Actuarial society.
One year of P&C actuarial experience.
Special Skill Requirement
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiar with SQL
- Familiar with SAS
- Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function. As such, this position may be considered at a higher or lower level position. Salary grade will be based on selected candidates' experience and skills.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing and speaking is required.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment with occasional travel by car or airplane.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/18/2019