- Analyzes and recommends revisions in held reserves for assigned states
- Analyzes and recommends revisions in rates for assigned states
- Identifies and analyzes trends in the data
- Performs actuarial analysis required to support rate filings with regulatory authorities
- Represents the Actuarial Department in discussions with the Product, Claims, and IT Departments. Works with IT in coding changes for tools that support the actuarial functions.
- Supports the Actuarial Team through querying of data using SQL and SAS programming languages
- Automates tasks using VBA
- Performs calculations for actuarial research and studies to support development of new products
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiar with SQL
- Familiar with SAS
- Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function. As such, this position may be considered at a higher or lower level position. Salary grade will be based on selected candidates' experience and skills.
- Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing and speaking is required.
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment with occasional travel by car or airplane.
Job Posting: 11/21/2019