We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Coordinates and oversees the LSIT Release testing for Finance; Evaluates effectiveness and efficiencies of all financial systems; Participates in Company-wide initiatives to ensure finance requirements are included; Design requirements for new Controls to strengthen financial data.
Essential Job Functions
• Coordinates and oversees the LSIT Release Testing for Premiums, Commissions and Fees, as well as for Losses and CDJ activity for all Lines of Business to ensure no data quality issues are migrated into production that will adversely impact the financial statements.
• Evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of financial processes, including Policy Processing, Claims and Commission systems and SAP, and recommends enhancements as needed.
• Participates in company-wide projects and initiatives to ensure financial reporting impact/ requirements are included within the scope of the development effort at time of migration.
• Coordinates and oversees validation of aged premium receivables on a quarterly basis.
• Design requirements for new Controls which strengthen financial data for both the Management Company and Exchanges.
• Builds balancing routines and designs exception reports to provide the means to analyze and fix out-of-balance issues in reconciliations and various reports.
• Analyzes and differentiates between reporting issues and systems issues, including resolution of systems anomalies.
• Performs cross-balancing validation of various reports to ensure data consistency and accuracy across various functions.
• Provides research, development and completion of special financial projects related to insurance and corporate accounting and performs other duties as assigned.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Bachelors degree required in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Minimum of 4 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/30/2020