We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Provides general accounting support, building on experience to handle more involved tasks. Reviews and balances receipt disbursement and accounting activities. Key entry as assigned. Process routine agent and DM folios and postings.
Essential Job Functions
• Processes Agent and District Manager folio work and maintains records. Corresponds with Agents and District Managers concerning folio; maintains contact with other employees concerning folio activities.
• Prepares monthly reports, determines necessary adjustments and prepares journals, disbursements and other miscellaneous transactions to the general ledger and/or other accounting systems.
• Reconciles various reports generated by others for accuracy of receipts and/or disbursements. Maintains a diary system of pending matters so as to insure appropriate follow-up. Investigates, tracks, and resolves accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Answers financial and account questions from vendors and customers as assigned. Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with company personnel and management. Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
• Key enters information into various systems as assigned. Updates account, vendor and/or customer records through computer input. Types a variety of documents, reports and records.
• Performs other functions as assigned.
• Maintains current working knowledge of accounting procedures and methods.
• Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
One year as an Accounting Clerk or a minimum of two years experience in Accounting or a related field.
Special Skill Requirement
Typing / keyboarding skills
Basic math skills
PC Skills: Word processing and spreadsheet software skills
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/30/2019