We are Farmers!
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Conducts case reviews and evaluates Claims Representative performance by continuous review of claims statistics, open and closed file evaluations, reinspection, and observation of activities in the field and office.
- Reviews the settlement activity of the Field Claims Office or Claims Service Center to ensure sound systems, service, and security.
- Sets and adjusts claim reserves within authority.
- Responsible for compliance with published company procedures.
- Recommends and carries out programs designed to meet the administrative technical training and overall development needs of all assigned personnel.
- Promotes coordination of Claims and Marketing relationships by instructing agents in methods and procedures of claims handling and by participation in meetings conducted by the Marketing Department.
- Approves and signs expense accounts for assigned personnel and all payments within authority for allo cated adjustment expense on files supervised.
- Maintains communication with competent specialists (for example, doctors, attorneys, and repair facilities) to insure prompt, economical, and professional handling of all types of claims in assigned area.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of technical competency exam (external hires have 90 days to take and pass the exam and should have a minimum of 3 years of prior claims experience), interview and completion of Claims Leadership Development Program required.
- External candidates should have a minimum of three years of prior claims experience. The same time-on-job requirement is preferred for internal candidates.
Job Posting: 11/28/2019