We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Leads a team of up to ten team members consisting of managers, individual contributors and/or more skilled claims teams such as Large Loss. May operate in litigious claims environments resulting in moderate complexity. Aligns with and executes claims strategy and translates direction for the team including driving the use of existing and new technology. Sets clear performance expectations and manages against those, with regular team communication and ongoing developmental plans. Responsible for staying connected to the experience their team is delivering to customers by regularly monitoring key metrics, raising and implementing ideas to provide a superior customer experience.
Essential Job Functions
Manages and leads teams within single or multi site locations to ensure success in delivering quality claims outcomes. Collaborates as a subject matter expert with functional leaders within the line of business. Has occasional enterprise interaction to develop and implement strategic initiatives on intermediate to complex projects within a litigious environment consisting of high value claims to achieve line of business and/or organizational goals. Leads operational efforts with varying complexity to ensure team has appropriate plans in place for staffing, workflow, quality assurance, reporting, department planning, compensation, budget oversight, employee security, succession planning, training and required tools/equipment to deliver quality claims outcomes. Builds and maintains an appropriate internal and external network to facilitate collaboration within claims. Interacts occasionally with senior claims leadership on claims strategy and operational outcomes through regular meetings, projects or by presenting material specific to their operation. Manages the change strategy for more complex projects implemented within the department to improve adoption and maintain positive employee engagement. Participates, in a supporting role, to collaborate in the shaping of the line of business strategy and the formulation /periodic revision of operational objectives. Leverages internal resources from Underwriting, Product and Actuarial, etc. to support the business in understanding the competitive landscape and identifying opportunities for Farmers to provide innovative claims solutions to customers. Fosters an inclusive work environment where behaviors lead to positive operational outcomes. Translates claims strategy with feedback from direct leadership. Provides day-to-day guidance for the team ensuring that direction is consistent and supports the overall objectives of the claims organization. Monitors and evaluates timely progress toward delivery of claims objectives. Collaborates with employees to determine business impact of changes and new technologies. Translates claims strategy with feedback from direct leadership. Provides day-to-day guidance for the team ensuring that direction is consistent and supports the overall objectives of the claims organization. Monitors and evaluates timely progress toward delivery of claims objectives. Collaborates with employees to determine business impact of changes and new technologies.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience in Claims and leadership
- Ability to lead regional medium to large single teams or multi location operations including medium to large exposures and/or complex claims handling
Special Skill Requirement
- Effective leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity, while assessing business opportunities that present both unknown opportunities and challenges to the business, as well as leading and inspiring others through change
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Partners successfully with cross functional technical and business teams (Finance, IT, Operations, Marketing) to establish project objectives, action plans and timelines
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to analyze business trends and understand upstream and downstream impacts
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with increased organizational visibility in order to meet goals and deliver quality claims outcomes
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to consult with and influence senior leaders, business partners and team members through clear communications
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and meet MVR requirements.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/02/2019