We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- The FFS Operations Supervisor oversees and manages the firm's broker-dealer operations processes based on existing and evolving regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate, quality check and perform activities related to the processing and administration of new business data entry and account maintenance functions.
- Supports the firm's goals and overall strategy for operational excellence in support of the firm's business, products and services.
- Monitors workflow for FFS operations staff.
- Responsible for managing account data requests, quality control, monitoring of manual processes, strategic projects and reporting of departmental SLAs.
- Collaborates with other department managers to trouble shoot operational issues, identify the root cause and helps close the gaps.
- Acts as a data steward and analyzes data integrity issues to propose short term and long term solutions.
Essential Job Functions
Maintain the quality of the customer books and records data for the firm. Research and provide accurate account data for agent commissions process and regulatory audits. Work with IT and other departments to research data quality issues. Provide customer information to agents and district manager and perform account transfers between registered agents when the agent terminates. Act as liaison between sponsor company and FFS for account information- both financial and non-financial updates. May follow-up with Agents and District Managers and financial services sponsor companies, via phone call or written communication, on deficient paperwork and request additional information. Perform quality checks and ensure timely and accurate processing of new business applications, account maintenance and documents consistent with firms guidelines. Update, maintain and report SLAs, written policies and procedures, guidelines and other required forms and documents. Oversee and coordinate department work assignments, projects and process improvements. Identify issues, solutions and refer matters through the appropriate escalation process for action and resolution as deemed necessary. Provide or arrange for job training and further development of operations team members. Coordinate with other team members, departments and service providers. Partner with IT to manage account and data quality requirements. Act as a liaison between financial services sponsor company and FFS for account and rep maintenance data
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Four years' experience in the life insurance and/or broker dealer operations.
- Strong MS Office skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Process Improvement experience is required, with any certifications such as Lean Green Belt preferred.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to gather, report on, and manage department KPIs.
- Enthusiastic self-starter, who prefers a dynamic/fluid work environment. Excellent communications, organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of systems and understanding of how data flows impact them.
- Knowledge of securities and insurance licensing and compliance.
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/04/2019