Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases (has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits).
- Adjusts all types of claims.
- Inspects damaged property, and determines claims related damage.
- Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property.
- Determines and reports on subrogation potential.
- Initiates the sale of personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items.
- Reports theft, fraud, and arson losses as required to state and industry agencies.
- Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- *Employees assigned to the Catastrophe team will be required to travel away from their residence for a specified period of time, usually consisting of 23 days.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication both verbal and written
- Emotional intelligence
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
Job Posting: 12/11/2019