We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Assists in the coordination of all phases of new product introduction and product maintenance.
- Responsible for managing pricing and marketing of their product within assigned geographic territory, generally smaller than those assigned to Senior Product Managers.
Essential Job Functions
Coordinates development and implementation of new personal lines insurance products with other functional departments; chairs coordinating meetings where assigned. Initiates preparation and publication of procedure bulletins, field bulletins and marketing kits regarding the introduction of new products. Follows up regularly with other functional departments, Agents/District Managers, State Offices and Service Centers to verify that new products have been implemented correctly. Performs other duties as assigned.
Works with the Guidewire PolicyCenter Auto & Umbrella team. Provides business requirements, validates Guidewire PolicyCenter renewals and conversions, analyzes data profiling/cleanup, performs UAT testing, and provides training support, among other activities within the Guidewire PolicyCenter program.
- Responsible for providing requirements to IT for system changes.
- Responsible for profits/losses in assigned product/territory.
- Takes leadership role in special projects as assigned by Senior Product Manager.
- Develops long- and short-term plans for their assigned product/territory with State Executives.
- Manages the analysis and research performed in the development and its alignment with other lines.
- Stays abreast of industry developments.
- Negotiates and sets priorities to align product goals with the State Executives’ goals.
- Facilitates through other parts of the organization to accomplish results.
- Trains and develops product analysts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing, and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in mathematical or statistical field preferred. Masters degree preferred.
- Mathematical or Statistical experience.
- Five to Seven years experience in similar role, or Graduate degree and four years experience in similar role
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn advanced insurance pricing concepts and insurance terms and structure.
Special Skill Requirement
- Proficient PC Skills, including Excel, Access, SAS, Word and basic programming for statistical purposes.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including ability to make effective presentations and write articles publishable in trade magazines.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. ]]>
Job Posting: 01/13/2020