At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
The Enterprise IT PMO directs all activities of an IT project group by scheduling, assigning, tracking and reporting on related work tasks under the general direction of the application system manager. Assists in administrative duties related to the assigned group. We manage all Tier-1 enterprise programs that are large in size and strategic in nature. We partner with various IT / Business teams to drive & deliver the program outcome. We help identify program risks proactively, come up with Risk mitigation strategies. We drive Farmers enterprise standards in program management. We work with teams engaged in various forms of SDLC (Waterfall, Agile) and ensure teams are aligned in the goals and ensure program is delivered within the budget, schedule and scope. Our team works with IT Finance to ensure the program financials (Budgeting, Forecasting, Vendor SOWs) are managed properly. We also work with IT / Business sponsors to put together material / content for steering committee meetings. We help run workshops needed for the program, drive action items and find resolution for open Issues.
- As a Project Manager II, you will manage all aspects of a large scale project or projects with a higher degree of complexity and customer impact
- Effectively lead project teams and customer executives (not a note taker)
- Have the ability to build and sustain strong relationships with project team members and customers.
- Facilitate issue resolution - Identify customer issues, develop effective solutions and successfully manage the communication to the customer.
- Accountable for project schedule, financials, and deliverables
- Responsible for end-to-end management of project, i.e. all phases of project from concept, project planning, development, execution, monitoring to project close down.
- Report on project performance on at local and global levels (have the ability to communicate factual information to project team, executives as well as project stakeholders)
- Produces weekly status reports to management and project stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- 4 years’ experience in an IT environment, including 1 year in a supervisory role or 1 year as a Program Manager I
- Hands on PM experience with Infrastructure project – 5 to 7 years
- Managed project budgets in excess of $3 M
- Managed projects with 30 + team members
- Must have a Infrastructure background or have significant experience in Infra and moved into a PM role
- Managed project teams over multiple geographical locations (preferably domestic and international)
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Very organized and articulate
- Strong business acumen
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Experience in Agile environment
- Cloud expertise preferred
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/16/2019