Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
The Application Operations organization’s overall responsibility is to ensure the Production availability of over 100+ applications used by Farmers’ agents, independent agents, and customers across the 50 states. Team members will recommend product improvements, such as features that would improve application usability, and are also responsible for proactively evaluating processes and providing recommendations to increase efficiency, system availability, and the quality of the user experience. Team members will also work with IT and Business Partners across the Farmers landscape.
- Be a contributing member of an Applications Operations team whose focus will include one or more of the following: application support activities for one or more agent, customer, or employee facing applications, performance monitoring/automation, batch integration, billing/payments, real-time integration, document management, communications, etc.
- Work closely with the other Application Operations Teams as well as with the Application Development, Infrastructure Operations, Information Security, and Business Teams.
- Address and resolve problems encountered by users whether they require a quick fix or a major collaborative effort across various departments. This includes providing clear, regular status updates for ongoing issues.
- Create/maintain/update documentation for tracking issues, errors, application changes, infrastructure related changes, incident resolution, etc.
- Learn and master the functionality of key applications across the Farmers landscape and their underlying processes.
- Drive automation and process improvements.
- Participate in/drive mass incident calls
- Effectively communicate applicable metrics and progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline OR commensurate experience.
- Problem-solving/analytical skills – must excel at performing detailed analysis and resolving user problems of varying magnitudes
- Multitasking – experience handling technical issues from multiple customers at the same time and assessing/prioritizing the associated impact
- Technical expertise – experience supporting a product and having a deep understanding of its underlying processes
- Communications – Excellent communication, both verbal and written including emails, reports, presentations, etc.
- Customer service – Must communicate well with customers and co-workers at varying levels within an organization
- Process improvements – Experience identifying and driving process improvements resulting in efficiency gains and/or improved customer experience
- Technical tools – experience with database tools such as SQL
- Performance monitoring tools – experience with Splunk, AppDynamics, DCRUM, TeaLeaf a plus
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/23/2019