Hours: 7am – 3:30 pm but open to any hours of 8am-6pm as well for the right candidate.
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Prepares various company materials for enterprise mailing within a fast paced, production environment. Processes compliance materials, transactional and marketing mail in accordance to USPS regulations for timely delivery based on internal customers' expectations.
- Performs manual processing of mail by utilizing large, high speed machines within production environment.
- Utilizes knowledge of 1-2 specific machine types and models to perform quality and timely placement.
- Assembles pre-printed materials within automated inserting and metering equipment for subsequent delivery to intended recipients via USPS, FEDEX or UPS.
- Manually scans bar codes to comply with processing instructions including proper page accumulation and enclosure content quantities.
- Prepares compliance related mail including certified mail with a sense of urgency to avoid fines or legal concerns.
- Prepares and submits production reports reflecting detailed job activity including materials processed and equipment used.
- Conducts detailed job reconciliation by comparing accounted processing results to reporting results to ensure balance of work.
- Submits report results to Lead staff for review.
- Troubleshoots minor equipment issues including paper and envelope feeding jams. Identifies software, hardware and/or programming issues to leadership team including return envelopes and missing bar codes.
- Interacts with third party vendor to explain machine dysfunction to resolve concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Conducts regular audits to ensure quality standards are achieved including insert quality and postage amount with the objective of reducing costs and duplication of work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Some physical activities: carrying up to 50 lbs. maximum, lifting up to 50 lbs. maximum, reaching, seeing, standing for extended periods, walking, kneeling, pushing, pulling, sorting, cleaning, twisting, climbing, hearing, and squatting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Less than one year of general work experience preferred.
- Data entry experience
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 12/31/2019