Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Are you a trial attorney?
Do you want to practice law without having to keep track of your billable hours and without having to bring in clients? If so, our law office might be the right place for you. Benefits include a company car or car stipend, health insurance, a 401K plan (with up to a 6% match plus 4% automatic contribution).
Our law office makes a positive difference by resolving hundreds of legal disputes between people each year. Our law office handles a wide variety of civil actions, including personal injury (e.g. auto, trip and fall, dog bite) with injuries ranging from soft tissue to wrongful death, and tenants suing for breach of contract, wrongful eviction, habitability, and toxic exposure.
Our AV-rated insurance defense law office is located in the heart of the Bay Area. We seek to hire an attorney with at least 5 years of civil law experience, first chair jury trial experience, and landlord-tenant experience. Four-year college degree, law school degree, and membership in good standing of the California State Bar also are required.
Our attorneys take charge of their own cases and like to win jury trials. We offer competitive attorneys a unique opportunity to practice law with no billable hours or rainmaking required. Our law office was founded nearly a century ago, yet we continue to practice law efficiently and effectively by utilizing modern technology in a mostly paperless environment.
Hartsuyker, Stratman & Williams-Abrego are staff counsel for Farmers Insurance Exchange & affiliates.
- Provides job related guidance, supervision and training to other Attorneys.
- Performs managerial and administrative tasks, and special assignments, as requested by supervisor.
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work being done for clients and of any and all problems encountered.
- Consults with and renders opinions to members of the Claims Department regarding insurance policy questions and questions concerning the legal aspects of the handling of personal injury claims.
- Supervises cases as assigned and handles cases with unique legal or procedural issues and/or involving severe to catastrophic injuries and/or damages including preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery, and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews and trials or arbitrations, and performance of any other tasks or duties necessary for the proper representation of clients.
- Functionally supervises attorneys who have been requested to assist the Senior Trial Attorney in the handling of particular cases.
- Maintains and updates computerized litigation support systems for assigned caseloads.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Job Posting: 01/02/2020