Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This is an exciting time to join the Farmers CDO (Chief Data Officer) Organization where we work on high-profile and high-impact projects that are very rewarding. The ideal candidate will be passionate about planning & managing releases through build, test, and production deployment phases to ensure the high-quality and timely delivery of commission calculation, bonus, and reporting for our agents.
Consider joining our team if you are passionate about data, enjoy problem solving, and working with like-minded IT and business professionals.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Responsible for all aspects of managing application releases, including scope, capacity, cost estimation & tracking, development, testing, deployment, and post-deployment quality assurance.
- Ensures the timely and high-quality delivery of monthly releases and CAP-funded initiatives to advance the Farmers’ agency commission calculation and reporting applications.
- Maintains a strong and collaborative partnership with business to understand business criticality, priority, and impact. Applies critical thinking to drive efficiency and maximize delivery value.
- Responsible for delivery quality and tracking/publishing Data Quality & SLA reports.
- Responsible for delivery of targeted changes to improve operations pace, efficiency, and quality.
- Ensures compliance and adherence to security & financial quality control standards.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience managing IT application delivery / releases.
- Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on experience managing IT application quality assurance (QA).
- Experience independently planning, leading, and overseeing multiple concurrent releases.
- Strong Experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent (staggered) portfolios of projects.
- Ability to articulate technical issues, root cause, and remediation plans in simple terms.
- Detail oriented, quick learner, self-starter.
- Hands-on leadership experience in a large P&C Insurance organization a plus.
- Hands-on experience directing project teams.
- Experience with incentive compensation management (ICM) tools and/or processes.
- Experience with agile delivery process & methodology.
- PMP Certified.
Job Posting: 01/24/2020