At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world-class customer experiences. Our employees also help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States. If you want to make a positive impact on customers and communities, take a look at what working at Farmers could mean for you.
Farmers Information Security team is looking for a talented cybersecurity leader to help defend Farmers Insurance and our customers from cybersecurity threats.
This role will be a key member of the Farmers Information Security (FIS) team, and will lead FIS incident response and vulnerability management efforts.
Leadership experience with incident response and/or vulnerability management is preferred, but candidates with substantive experience who are ready to step up to a leadership role will also be considered.
- Manage the FIS Incident Response and Vulnerability Management team, and drive their efforts.
- Lead efforts to identify, investigate and respond to cyber threats, incidents and anomalies.
- Lead efforts to identify and prioritize security vulnerabilities in our environment, and help drive remediation.
- Work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to design, enhance and implement security solutions.
- Participate in the development of security specifications, standards, tools and processes to protect the Farmers corporate network.
- Help build consensus on gap remediation and process improvement.
- Combine threat intelligence with cyber security solutions to defend the organization against cyber-attacks.
- Make recommendations for necessary changes to our security controls to address emerging security threats.
- Serve as a trusted information security advisor to the Farmers CISO, the Head of Cyber Security, and other key technology and business stakeholders.
- Establish trust relationships through active engagement and collaboration.
- B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, or computer-related discipline; and security leadership experience in an information technology infrastructure environment.
- 6-8 years of professional experience in IT security or information security risk consulting and project management, or comparable base of knowledge/expertise in the field.
- Substantive work experience with incident response and/or vulnerability management.
- Ability to apply a risk management lens to complicated technical issues, and make recommendations about how to reduce risk.
- Intellectual curiosity about cyber security issues. You read cyber and technical blogs and websites to stay current on industry trends and emerging risks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- A passion for process improvement.
- Problem solving skills
Required knowledge and experience:
- Investigating cyber incidents.
- Vulnerability and patch management.
- Log collection and analysis.
- Operating and trouble-shooting security tools (vulnerability scanners, SIEM, endpoint agents, CASB, etc.).
- Threat intelligence and risk assessment.
Experience in one or some of the following areas is preferred:
- Leading and mentoring a team.
- Leading or participating in a major incident response effort.
- Automation of security processes.
- Functional knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Familiarity with application security tools and best practices.
- Working in a cloud platform environment (AWS and Azure in particular).
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/16/2020