Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Prepares and maintains financial records and reports for Personal Lines of business; participates in LSIT Release testing for Finance; analyzes and interprets accounting records; verifies premium data flow; researches complex accounting issues and errors providing solutions; prepares balancing and control validation of premiums; works on special projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares and analyzes premium data flow and financial records for assigned books of business or companies.
- Reviews accounting impact from system changes, tests and validates SAP changes, researches accounting issues and provides recommendations.
- Opens defects for any anomalies in the upstream policy processing systems affecting accounting records, performs testing and validates post production implementation of programming changes.
- Helps to prepare Business Requirement Inquiries (BRI) and SAP enhancement requests to address any issues affecting financial data.
- Participates in the automation of manual processes and/or setting up new interfaces.
- Helps to develop balancing routines and design exception reports to provide the means to analyze and fix out-of-balances in reconciliations and various reports.
- Prepares verification of premium data flow from upstream processing to downstream for various lines of business.
- Reconciles complex general ledger accounts.
- Analyzes discrepancies between balances in the ledger and in the billing systems and works with IT departments to resolve them.
- Participates in the LSIT Release Testing for Premiums, Commissions and Fees for all Lines of Business to ensure no data quality issues are migrated into production that will adversely impact the financial statements.
- Performs assigned miscellaneous special projects and other duties.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
Minimum of 3 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience.
Special Skill Requirement
Proficiency using Excel
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Job Posting: 02/28/2020