Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
- Underwriting professional authorized to handle low to moderate premium size and complexity.
- Takes ownership of managing profitable growth of commercial Property/Casualty and Workers Compensation business through proper selection, classification and pricing of risks within assigned territory/industry.
- Evaluates commercial business for risk acceptability.
- Accepts, modifies or rejects lower premium, complex risks, up to $50,000 premium.
- Reviews business relating to loss experience, inspection reports, file information, policyholder tenure, related policies, and nature of risk in accordance with company guidelines, standards and state law compliance.
- Interprets policy contract language/forms and uses approved classification systems, rating plans and selection standards to determine eligibility, desirability and proper pricing.
- Effectively communicates decisions to resolve agent and/or customer concerns promptly.
- Provides documentation for exceptions to established guidelines and critical account information relating to the final underwriting decision.
- Evaluates books of business, agents or districts and develops strategies and plans to improve profitability and create product development recommendations.
- Identifies coverage weakness and/or products adversely impacting growth potential and escalates to leadership.
- Provides technical assistance to internal and external customers regarding coverage interpretations, policy and endorsement provisions, and underwriting acceptability for commercial property/casualty and workers compensation coverages.
- Educates agencies on products, services, automation, underwriting standards and cross selling techniques to promote accomplishment of corporate goals.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with agencies to understand the external marketplace and priorities that are responsive to marketing, underwriting, retention and service goals.
- Performs occasional field visits to create new business opportunities and improve policy renewal retention.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
1-3 years commercial insurance experience or experience in Personal Lines Policy Services, Underwriting, Claims, or in an agency role required.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/15/2020