Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check out farmers.com/careers and be sure to follow us on Instagram and LinkedIn!
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required.
- Analyze and interpret Customer insights from multiple data sources using statistical techniques.
- Support the deployment and business activation of new Customer data assets to drive operational efficiencies, improve customer experience, and drive growth.
- Combine data from structured & unstructured sources to discover and interpret new trends/patterns.
- Compare and contrast data across trusted sources to surface potential data quality issues.
- Liaise, collaborate, and support cross-functional stakeholders with their customer data needs.
- Propose data-driven solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Support experimentation and deployment of predictive models that leverage customer data.
- Identify process improvement and efficiency opportunities.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Recent 3-4 years of hands-on experience in a Data Analyst / Data Scientist role.
- Recent 3-4 years of hands-on experience performing advanced data analysis using Python.
- Experience independently leading analysis from concept to final outcome.
- Experience facilitating in-person and remote meetings and working sessions.
- Technical expertise with data models, database design, data access, data mining, and data segmentation techniques.
- Advanced level knowledge and experience using Python in a Hadoop (HBase, Hive) environment.
- Advanced level experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets & interpreting results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to combine, organize, and analyze large amounts of data and to tease-out and disseminate key information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytical problem solver with strong business acumen.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Experience with P&C insurance and/or customer data.
- Experience with data mining and/or machine learning (ML).
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, Alteryx.
- Experience developing Big Data capability job-aids for technical / non-technical end user.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.]]>
Job Posting: 02/19/2020